COUNTY DE JAEN
The County of Jaén is located in the north part of the department of Cajamarca, among the rivers Huancabamba - Chamaya, Tabaconas - Chinchipe and Marañón. The climate in its low valleys is warm with temperatures among the 30ºC in the day and 22ºC in the night. The high areas are tempered and cold, according to the altitude. The rainy season is from January to April. As for their altitude, the minimum de400 msnm in Marañón, and it arrives until the 3,600 msnm in the summits of the Moor of Sallique and Chontalí. The capital of the county is the city of Jaén, which is to 750 msnm.
He/she has a flowing communication with the rest of the country through asphalted modern roads, as the Highway Olmos-river Marañón and the Marginal Highway of the Forest. By air, through the International Airport of Shumba - Jaén.
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS OF THE COUNTY DE JAEN - DEPARTMENT CAJAMARCA
AREA OF CONSERVATION MUNICIPAL FORESTS DE HUAMANTANGA
"The Forest Huamantanga" is located in the District and County of Jaén among the communities of Virginia, San José of the Alliance, the Corner Lajeña and San Luis from New Retiro, Geographically are located at 05º41'30 '' of South latitude and at 78º55'30 '' of Longitude West and among the 1800 to 3000 msnm. The Provincial Municipality of Jaén, by means of Municipal Ordinance Nº 07-2003-MPJ, of date December 07 the 2003, he/she declares as Area of Municipal Conservation The Forest of Huamantanga and their Natural Resources, being prohibited all pruning action, extraction of resources forest maderables and wild fauna at the same time inside an area of 3840.72 have, besides assuming the responsibility of implementing their handling and administration.
Accessibility: To the forest Mr. of Huamantanga, you can consent for two roads: First, for the highway Jaén. San José of the Alliance that has a journey of 30 Km. Of the Village of San José of the Alliance in 45 minutes you arrives to the forest of Huamantanga. Second for the highway Jaén. Victoria, through a Trail carrozable you can arrive to C.P.M. Virginia and of there for on the way to Horseshoe in 2.00 hours you arrives to the forest for the south side.
With the purpose of making a cultural diffusion of the different species of orchids that you/they inhabit the forest two Orquidarios have settled in the Sectors of San José of the Alliance and Corner Lajeña, at the moment one comes enriching with other Orchids that you/they inhabit the natural forest.
TOURIST ATTRACTIVENESS FOR DISTRICTS
DISTRICT DE BELLAVISTA
It was created by Law of January of 1857, 2 it is located in the left margin of the mighty river Marañón with beautiful beaches of sand, he/she takes attractive places for the tourism and the investigation, highlighting Turuco, Tuñe, Pushura, He Puts, Malpaso, Bull Rume, The Chapel and the Mirador of the hill Santa Poland. The employer party is in homage to San Isidro Farmer May 15, the district is surrounded by three mighty rivers Chinchipe, Tamborapa and Marañón that give him/her a landscape and unique attractiveness. Very close to the city he/she is the town of Old Bellavista in whose church a bell of the year is exposed 1803 making reference to the town of Tomependa, Bellavista conserves the attractiveness of a wild classic city that he/she needs its traditional conservation against the modernism. It is of the destruction of the centennial trees that you/they adorned the park sowing complaining concrete and solitude in an alive landscape. Bellavista is a florid valley where Picaflores and Quienquienes enjoy the fondness of the dry forests amid iguana smiles and caresses of Marañón.
The Spas: In the area of the river Marañón and Bellavista.
Pre-Inca cemetery Turuco: Located in the left margin of the river Marañón, district of Bellavista, approximately to 25 Km of Jaén.
Bigger Huaca: It is a pyramidal mound that highlights for their structure and location, it is located to the entrance of the city.
Huaca Guayrona: Another mound of importance located to the southeast of the biggest huaca, on this you construyò the first chapel of the District.
DISTRICT DE CHONTALI
It was created by Law 9868 of December of 1943, 28 in this district the river he/she is born Chunchuca or Huayobamba that it deposits their waters in the River Chamaya, Chontali it even not has excellent podocarpus forests and variety of orchids studied, it is famous the hill Corcobado pattern to guide of the Andean world, it serves as limit with the district of San José of the High one, in their breast it covers rich minerals and nurtured flora and fauna characteristic of the forests of fog has moor areas, where a rich great lagoon exists in medicinal gardens, being the worshipped plants the órnamos, the mishas and the famous one boils of the lion. Chontalí has obtained world fame for its famous trail of Water Blue call Estela of Chontali disclosed for the I Circulate Cultural Jaime Vásquez Díaz and studied by the archaeologist Federico Kauffmann Doig and a team of specialists from Italy, it has other reservations ecoturísticas like the Spout, the Kettle, the Coliseum recently visited by archaeologists of Jaén and of the university Federico Villareal that, they have located sunken squares characteristic of the Formative one Early, in the sector Gualatán beautiful petroglifos of great beauty exists, it fences to the left margin of the river Chunchuca, its employer party is October 12 in homage to San Gerónimo.
Estela of Chontalí: It is about a stone flagstone that in one of their faces sample a character with features Chavinoides, elaborated starting from incisions in low relief. It is located in the right margin of the river Chontalí or Huayobamba, in the village it dilutes blue, in front of the Humped hill. He/she has lengthened form and it measures 1,80 mts of high for 0,80 mts of wide and their grosor is of 0,20 mts. The advanced erosion suffered by the stone, doesn't allow to distinguish with easiness the character captured in her. You arrives to her in motorized transport, in eight hours of trip.
The Coliseum of Chontalí: It is a circular structure of stone located to 30 minutes of the city. The access to this place arqueològico is to travès of an on the way to horseshoe.
DISTRICT DE COLASAY
It was created by Law 12301 of May of 1955, 3 it is the town but rich in ecology and archaeological establishments in art rupestre of the area, it is a very old town that porcuatro powerful hills is protected the Incantation, Silaca, Walte and Congona, all full with mythology, magic and charm. In the part but high he/she is the famous step of Cold Water, rich in medicinal virtues, it Dilutes Flavorful and it Dilutes Blanca of volcanic origin, the diverse caverns and the impressive bank of fossils of Waira I Put, the miraculous water of the Bishop's Jet, the wealth agropecuaría expressed in the chirímoyas colasaínas, muses of the minstrels' inspiration. Colasay has acquired a national prestige for the abundance of the Art Rupestre recorded in the establishments of Guayacán, Rumipampa, Huaca, Huanchama, the Mass and Bomboca, art that agricultural pre goes from the period to the formative one. In the folkloric part they are famous the carnivals and the songs of the famous group typical Siblings Vílchez, the party of Pelacoche, Botaluto and the immense religiosity with an immense mythology.
Waterfall of Sacred María: It is located to the south of the village of Huanchama, district of Colasay. He/she has a height 30 meters approximately, their waters are clear and crystalline. The flow of this waterfall has perforated the rock in tunnel form, conforming this way a bridge where the waters submerge and they leave 20 meters below forming a small canyon. To be consented he/she takes the road carrozable that drives to the district, you arrives in 2 hours and then one walks 1 hour.
Hill Silaca.- Majestic hill of great extension, height 3199 mt. Their lines of the summit look two human faces observed from the capital distrital: The beautiful sleeper and the sleeping giant. This hill belongs the strength of Colasay, inspiration source, to him they are born numerous slopes of pure and crystalline water that give life to Colasay, Pucará and towns of Pomahuaca, in its immense extension we find natural (sanctuary) exuberant forests that are habitat of a rich fauna in extinction danger. In the summit a circular mirador of very old culture exists.
Petroglifos of Rumipampa and Guayacán, Corralpampa and Bomboca: First both located to the South This from the district to 3 and 5 Km. They are made up of numerous engravings, they are possibly early of the formative period and classic, prints that demonstrate a great domain of the engraving art in stone, figures of their beliefs, rites and adoration. Next to the petroglifos he/she is the waterfall of three called falls Choro Colorado, to arrive to the place we will go by the cold water surrounded by a lot of vegetation pavas habitat, bears anthills, black bears, toucans, clever pick carpenter, pilcos, howling monkeys, sajinos mangujas, majaces, deers, cockerels of the rocks, armadillos and varieties of birds.
Waterfall Aypa: To 5 Km in this gulch 4 waterfalls and a stone toboggan exist in the water.
Created by Law 24005-del January of 1985, 4 are a district with big reservations of romerillo forests, cedars and wide variety of orchids Their main activity it is the sembrío of coffee, he/she has tourist important centers as the hill Guayanshe, the archaeological areas of Huaca, San Antonio and the huaco.
Created by Law January of 1985, 4 Law 24055. District product of coffee and panllevar were one of the first in being populated in the forests of the high part of Jaén by migrants in the waves of the years thirty and fifty.
He/she has tourist attractiveness as the Gothic church built by management of p. Ignacio Soto, other attractiveness are: White Peña, Culdun, dark place where in the nights the neigh of a mule is listened. The Pineapples are some of the districts that come suffering the total destruction of the forests, product of it the lands they are arid and rocky giving origin to the emigration.
DISTRICT DE POMAHUACA
District ecoturístico by nature very rich in dry forests, it was created by law 9868 of December of 1943, 28 thanks to the professor's effort José Cajo Huamán and of the mayors of the last decade, Pomahuaca has transformed into a town with tourist options of great importance for the future. Pomahuaca offers its wonderful ruins of Ingatambo with expressions of the tradition Cupisnique, the citadel of Barren, the sanctuary of Art Rupestre in Limapampa, the mirador of the hill Mandola, the temples of Chianarco, the cemeteries of Atunpampa and Atoye, the forests of Blanket main generators of water for the hydroelectric power station of Pomahuaca, the museum distrital of Pomahuaca with archaeological excellent collections of the valley of the river Huancabamba, riquísimas collects etnológicas in craft and customs.
Ruins and Dry Forest of Ingatambo: This archaeological complex is located in the right margin of the River Huamcabamba, to 15 minutes of the village the Meetings - Pomahuaca, Ingatambo is an archaeological establishment of the tradition Cupisnique Pacopampa (2000 100 to.c.); it is constituted by three big squares and seven pyramids. It is to 125 Km of the city of Jaén.
Place Museum: Located in the capital of the district, it possesses a variety of archaeological and prehistoric remains.
Forest of Sondor: Located in the districts of Pucará and Pomahuaca, this forest contains a great natural wealth of flora and fauna characteristic of this area. Dista to 120 Km from Jaén, you can consent through an on the way to horseshoe (8 hours approximately).
Waterfall of Sondor: Located on the way at two hours of horseshoe toward the North from Pomahuaca. He/she has a height 40 meters, this surrounded of an exuberant vegetation that you/they give him/her a peculiar characteristic.
Fence of Meetings: Rice beautiful valley, of agrarian singular organization, located to 15 minutes of the Populated smallest Center The Meetings in the district of Pomahuaca.
DISTRICT DE PUCARA
Fué created as district by law 12636 February of 1956, 2 is a town of commercial great movement it passes the highway over there Olmos I Laugh Marañón, town taken a bath by the waters of the river Huancabamba, fertile valleys of fruit-bearing and rice, in the high part you siembra panllevar, has a Superior Pedagogic Institute, he/she takes very attractive places as they are Old Pucará, the caverns of Chuquil, Ayahuaca with its native dances that Saint John the Baptist procession and Cruz of the Incantation accompany, has as Santa Employer to Santa María Magdalena and its central day is January 14.
Waterfall of Alcaparosa: Fall of water, stirring up the tourist's admiration. Located to the west of the district of Pucará, to 1 km (20 minutes on foot) of the highway Olmos Burnt Corral, has a height 25 meters approximately; his waters travel for downtown. It is to 83 km of Jaén, 9 hours of trip they are used.
Stone Mill: Located in the center of the square of Weapons of the district of Pucará they are remains of the hydraulic mills that will be used for pillar the wheat during the colonial time.
DISTRICT DE SALLIQUE
Created by the year 1857, for Law 12301 of May 3 1955 officially their political creation was ratified. It is one of the districts more far from the metropolis jaenés and one of the forgotten towns and with bigger potentiality ecoturística of the basin of the River Huancabamba. Producing of wheat, won caprino and fruit-bearing. They are famous the lagoons of Palambe and Chalacmache, the mysterious and terrible mountain ranges of the Moor that he/she transforms into the highest area in the county with near 4 thousand meters of altitude on the sea level, there they are the gardens of medicinal plants for the rural doctors, being famous the grass of the condor that should be retired Pagapu foresaw to the hill for a teacher of the faith healing, the famous channel of Ayacate source of life and the residents' of the valley of Sallique legend, the archaeological ruins of the hills Pingara, Misha, Old Sallique, Tailin, Portachuelo. The beautiful Altarpiece of the Church built sallicana August of 1723, 22 this year we take place jubilant the 280 years of their construction, it is wonderful to read in the superior part of the Altarpiece with these wise writings... YOU FINISHES THIS ALTARPIECE The DAY AUGUST 22 1723 FOR THE TEACHERS JOAQUÍN ANTONIO RAMIRES being a VICAR CURES..., in the same church they are wonderful sacred images of colonial antiquity as Cruz of the Souls, San Isidro, San Benito, Saint John the Baptist the pattern of the community and presiding over this whole sacrosanct pléyade the miraculous one MISTER OF THE HUMILITY DE SALLIQUE, with miracles and prodigious facts characteristic of the Son of God, one of the most famous cases is THE GENTLEMAN'S LOOK, they count that formerly he/she had a very deep and accusing look, the parishioners that were especially in sin the fornicarios, fell before the dismayed Image and convulsing, for what the notables to avoid to be discovered their sins decided to hire an artisan of last name Of Heros to correct the look of the Mr., the cabinetmaker simply hit with the cube of the gurbia the nape of the sacred image and this lowered the look, just as he is known at the present time, but the sacrilegious cabinetmaker died asking for forgiveness at once, they say that the atmosphere was sprinkled of blood and the whole atmosphere was perfumed with sacrosanct aromas. Sallique is a very dear town for its hospitality and for the typical excellent plates and drinks that prepare, it is known at national level ROMPOPE SALLICANO.
Lagoons of the Moor: Formed by the lagoons of Palambe and Chalamache. They are in the mysterious and terrible mountain range of the Moor that transforms into the highest area in the county with near 4 thousand meters of altitude on the sea level, there they are the gardens of medicinal plants for the rural" "doctors.
Church of Sallique: Built on one of the main huacas, like a form of extirpating idolatries, used by the conquerors. In this church he/she is the beautiful Altarpiece of the Church built Sallicana August of 1723, 22 this year we take place jubilant the 280 years of their construction, it is wonderful to read in the superior part of the Altarpiece the following thing: ".YOU FINISHES THIS ALTARPIECE THE DAY AUGUST 22 1723 FOR THE TEACHERS JOAQUÍN ANTONIO RAMIRES being a VICAR CURES.". In the same church they are wonderful sacred images of colonial antiquity as Cruz of the Souls, San Isidro, San Benito, Saint John the Baptist the pattern of the community and presiding over this whole sacrosanct pléyade the miraculous one MISTER OF THE HUMILITY DE SALLIQUE, with miracles and prodigious facts characteristic of the Son of God.
DISTRICT SAN FELIPE
Their main activity is the agriculture, highlighting in the valleys the cultivation of the files, oranges and avocados. In the part high panllevar products. It was created officially as district by Law 12301 May of 1955, 13 the same as Sallique. He/she has mining great potential and ecoturistico, they are famous the baritina mines, the forests of the Moor, the hill Quispe, the platforms of Quismache, the ethnic groups of Manzano, Yellow Earth, Ñuro Nupo. The archaeological areas of the Ovens and the Bridge of the Inca in the village Tashaca, the magic hills of Guar Guary very dear Huachuma for the teachers faith healers, we cannot forget the landscape and the archaeological wealth of Pikijaka, Mamaca, Saltpeter, deserving special mention The MUSEUM JULY C. TELLO and the traditional fair of the Sacred Virgin of Carmen of Pikijaka. San Felipe is famous for serel district where the best players in disks of the region are.
DISTRICT OF SAN JOSÉ OF THE HIGH ONE
Created by law 9868 of December 28 of 1943. It is a very rich district in history and ecology, there the great Monolith of Pampas of the Inca call the Monolith of Tabaconas is located by the archaeologist Federico Kauffmann Doig who jointly with the Italian scientist Giancarlo Linbague carried out detained studies by means of the expedition Antisuyo. The Monolith has more than two meters of high and it weighs two tons approximately, it represents a character with its ceremonial attires, in the head it takes a turban Egyptian style, it possesses earrings, it leaves of the sculpture it is recorded and it leaves sculpted, its left hand rests on the abdomen and the right hand on the groin of the same side, it seems to be seated, he lacks the left foot and it is fractioned by action of a ray according to some neighbors' informations and according to other versions it was fractioned by action of the intentional fire that you/they made the peasants to see if he/she had some treasure hidden in its interior.
In San José of the High one rich forests and abundant fauna exist that come being depredated by the wooden traffickers' action and of the peasants in search of lands, it Has other treasures espeleológicos in San Patricio's caverns, calls of Marulanda that is a welcoming place of easy access and natural balconies where human remains and old residents' of the area ceramios are plentiful. He/she has commercial interesting ports beside the rivers Angash, Peña Blanca and Tabaconas, being famous the towns of: Cochalán, Angash, Cataguas, Big Guaguaya and Peña Blanca, One of the most picturesque towns for their landscape to the shade of Humped Apu is the Future that is limit with the district of Chontalí, in this village he/she is the denominated step the Stairways that formerly was a tract awful and many pedestrians they died precipitated.
Monolith of Pampas of the Inca: It is located in the town of Pampas from the Inca to 115 Km of Jaén, place to which you can consent with mobility without any setback in 2.5 hours. The stone is lengthened and flattened in its later side, it measures 2,10 mts of high and 0,30 cmts of thickness and it is broken it is an inferior sector. It is about the sculpture of a seated character with turban and taparrabo, probably some deity of the society settled down in the vicinity of the gulch The Inca.
Waterfall Tamborillo: Fall of water, has an approximate height of 20 m, it is at 1 hour of the district of San José of the High one in the populated center Tamborillo.
DISTRICT OF PINK SAINT
Ecological and historical district par excellence, to visit him, obligatorily he/she will cross the rivers Chinchipe or Marañón. It was created as district by law 9868 of December 28 of 1943. Very near the city of Santa Rosa of Yunga he/she is the old city of Jaén of Bracamoros that Diego founded Palomino in the well-known sector as the Mill, it is very well-known the hill Casapita mirador of the city, the caverns of Pakuyaku considered by the espeleólogo Pipes Morales Bermudes like the cavema with bigger guacharos reservation or Steatomis caripensis, bird caveman in extinction, in the district Santa Rosa is the most extensive forests of orange groves among Yunga and Montango that were possibly abandoned by the residents of the area in the invacion of the aguarunas in 1815. It is an important area with banks of fossils of the in the basin of Chinchipe and sector Salinas for where the waters of Marañón reflect forming the famous one I put of Rentema. In Santa Rosa beautiful and welcoming lagoons exist.
Cavern of Chuyayacu: Located in the district of Santa Rosa of Yunga, at 5 hours of trip from the city of Jaén. It is a great cavern that contains stalactites of ice in their superior part, it is continually visited around by the inhabitants of its. Grottos of Pacuyacu: Located 90 Km of Jaén, the district of Santa Rosa of Yunga, then is carried out a walk of 1 hour. It is the cavern with bigger number of night birds of America (Huacharos); likewise, it served as hatcheries of birds Incan wild and possible roads.
Page created web March 30 of the one 2005.
© Copyright 2005 Gualberto Valderrama C.