Personalized search


PLAZOLETA NATIVITY


Located in it finishes it block of Av. Nativity, in her is the Church of Our Mrs. of Nativity and the Hospital Antonio Lorena.


History of Our Church Nativity Lady

Toward half-filled of the XVI century, fishermen of San Miguel's town, call commonly Pitipiti, found floating placidly on the waters of the sea chalaco a wooden box of big proportions. They took it with the biggest speed to the bank, to open it and to examine their content. Which their rejoicing would be when being afforded with a beautiful size representing Virgin María. Next to her there was an envelope with a writing that he/she said to the letter: "Image of Our Mrs. of Nativity for the City of Cusco."

The event ran of mouth in mouth and of Callao the news arrived quickly in Lima. Before the "miracle" voices, as much the Viceroy as the Archbishop took letters in the matter, and after investigating that happened they solved to remit that beautiful treasure to the City Imperial. When arriving the image in Cusco the happiness it was not smaller, and for disposition of the Mr. Bishop they threw the lucks to determine which it would be the temple that he/she would keep him/her. When leaving elect Reyes' Magicians church, this changed starting from then their name for that of Our Mrs. of Nativity, in testimony for so great happiness.

Some time later, during a strong drought that razed that prodigal earth, the city that he/she had sworn her as Employer it solved to invoke the pity of so sweet Mrs.. For such a reason it was taken out in procession. Already of return to their temple, an abundant rain that covered all of happiness, loosened but when almost crossing a bridge the image he/she throws to the water, if it was not because Selenque, a youth of dissolute life, helped in this trance. That same night, when Selenque passed near the cemetery, he/she saw Christ in a Tribunal and to the demons that requested justice against several people of the place and against him, to the one who you/they wanted it to him to take; but he/she also saw the Virgin that interceded for him. He/she requested him/her from knees to their Divine Son that allowed Selenque to change life, since he/she had helped to load their sacred image. The youth, then, became.


History of the Hospital Antonio Lorena

The Hospital Antonio Lorena begins her services around 1689, still with the name of "Almudena" been founded by the Father General Prefect of Betlemitas, Brother Rodrigo of Cruz who jointly that other 10 religious of her Congregaciòn at the request of the bishop Manuel of Molinedo and Angle, giving the Church and Convent of Almudena to be founded in her the mentioned hospital.

The old Hospital of Almudena worked for a space of one century in the one that primigeniamente the Convent of Betlemitas worked. In the year of 1930 the Society of Charity assumed the administraciòn of the hospital, as a nosocomio highly assistance.

The Hospital Antonio Lorena began to work October 21 1934 with a capacity of 500 beds and lending four services bàsicos.

In November of 1942 Dr. Luis Saldìvar requests that the hospital establishment that is sometimes called as Central Hospital and others as Mixed Hospital of Belèn adopt the name of Hospital definitively Antonio Lorena in memory of that Wise cusqueño that prestò incalculable services to the aching humanity.



PLAZOLETA BELEN 01
PLAZOLETA NATIVITY OF CUSCO



PLAZOLETA BELEN 02
OUR CHURCH LADY OF NATIVITY



PLAZOLETA BELEN 03
PLAZOLETA NATIVITY OF CUSCO



PLAZOLETA BELEN 04
HOSPITAL ANTONIO LORENA



PLAZOLETA BELEN 05
PLAZOLETA NATIVITY OF CUSCO



PLAZOLETA BELEN 06
OUR CHURCH LADY OF NATIVITY



TO GO TO IT PAGINATES IT PREVIOUSTO GO TO THE BEGINNING OF IT PAGINATES ITTO GO TO THE FOLLOWING ONE PAGINATES


Page created web March 30 of the one 2005.
© Copyright 2005 Gualberto Valderrama C.