Personalized search


THE SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO


To beginnings of the XX century, the main square of Ilo was the Square of the Market or Square of Recoba, later called Square Grandson; the Square of Weapons was only an earth recuadro in front of which the new temple of San Gerónimo rose. To the much, it could be identified amid her a pylon of which was supplied of drinkable water the population of the place.

Newly in July of 1915 they took some measures to transform to this place into a public square. It was in the mayor's management Juan Pedro Vásquez (1912 -1915) that for the first time the sentence Square of Weapons is used to refer to this place; it was in that management that Victor Juárez intended to the Town council to plant trees in her, in order to give him/her certain physiognomy, for that which offered to make wells of four sticks of depth for an and half of wide to reason of four suns for each one, that that indeed was taken to end.

In 1920 the square name change for that of Square July 4, in commemoration to the date in that Augusto B. Leguía arrived to the power for coup d'etat. It was during the governorship of Antonio Of The Flower Rodríguez (1932 -1933) that was given impulse to this work: in the month of August of 1932, the purchase of pipe of galvanized iron of ¾ was authorized. and 2" to use them in the watering of the square. This purchase was carried out with the House Donnelly and Co. of Mollendo. To the administrator of the railroad he/she was requested reach a budget of the necessary manpower to carry out the one spread of this pipe and of the keys that would serve to the irrigable one, in a longitude of eighty and forty meters respectively. Auxiliary pipe was bought don Pacific Oviedo who offered it to reason of a sun the meter.

During don's government Alberto Wehrle, in August of 1938, was hired two men for relimpiar and to dig the existent wells in the square and to make new plantations of trees, since most of this wells lacks them, taking charge to the gardener of the municipal camal this service. In Rafael's government Vásquez (1938 -1940), the Town council began in the month of October of the 38 an aggressive work in the Square of Weapons: they got ready the existent gardens, new wells were dug to place plants, some cement tiers were built, vegetable new earth was used, the square was stuffed in several sectors with the one it dismounts extracted of the excavations and he/she settled a new system of conduction of water for the gardens. The mayor points out that to finish the ornament works in the square of weapons it was necessary "the construction of a line of sidewalks as well as eight bankings of the same material", being hired don's services Carmelo Collides, being paid S hence / 676.00.

The last that started to this square were the ornamental pileta. The same Crash presented a budget for the suitable work that it reached the value of S / 200.00. Although one doesn't have the exact fact of their construction, if one knows that it stops November of 1939 the pileta it was already in operation in the center of the square. Later on they were added around to the of her areas green and new bankings and sidewalks...

Source: http://eadriazola.blogspot.com/2008/04/la - square-of-weapons.html



PLAZA DE ARMAS DE ILO 01
SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO



PLAZA DE ARMAS DE ILO 02
SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO



PLAZA DE ARMAS DE ILO 03
SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO



PLAZA DE ARMAS DE ILO 04
SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO



PLAZA DE ARMAS DE ILO 05
SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO



PLAZA DE ARMAS DE ILO 06
SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO



PLAZA DE ARMAS DE ILO 07
SQUARE OF WEAPONS DE ILO



TO GO TO IT PAGINATES IT PREVIOUSTO GO TO THE BEGINNING OF IT PAGINATES ITTO GO TO THE FOLLOWING ONE PAGINATES


Page created web March 30 of the one 2005.
© Copyright 2005 Gualberto Valderrama C.