Personalized search


CHURCH SAN MARTIN DE TOURS


The monumental temple of Sechura, of Baroque late style, erected in homage to San Martin of Tours, was built in the first third of the XVII century. Their construction lasted approximately 50 years, because one worked in the first months of the year, between January and April, when the sweet waters of the river descended Piura.

The works, for many years, the parish priest carried out them Nazarro Gasazola.

Finished the work was consecrated with pontifical mass by the file archbishop, the illustrious monsignor Pedro José Barroeta, May 30 of 1778.

Historical declared monument, for Law 10278 promulgated October of 1945, 15 are shown imposing for their wide proportionality that allows to distinguish it from about 10 kilometers, before arriving to Sechura: he/she has 12 meters long, 32 of wide and their gallant towers rise to 44.30 meters.

In their history he/she registers the solemn Act from the Oath of Fidelity to the Homeland, played by the clergy sechurano, February of 1821, 4 being a parish priest Miguel Ángel Villarán.

Source: http://incdepiura.perucultural.org.pe/igle4.htm



IGLESIA SAN MARTIN DE TOURS 01
CHURCH SAN MARTIN DE TOURS



IGLESIA SAN MARTIN DE TOURS 02
CHURCH SAN MARTIN DE TOURS



IGLESIA SAN MARTIN DE TOURS 03
CHURCH SAN MARTIN DE TOURS



IGLESIA SAN MARTIN DE TOURS 04
CHURCH SAN MARTIN DE TOURS



IGLESIA SAN MARTIN DE TOURS 05
CHURCH SAN MARTIN DE TOURS



IGLESIA SAN MARTIN DE TOURS 06
CHURCH SAN MARTIN DE TOURS



TO GO TO IT PAGINATES IT PREVIOUSTO GO TO THE BEGINNING OF IT PAGINATES ITTO GO TO THE FOLLOWING ONE PAGINATES


Page created web March 30 of the one 2005.
© Copyright 2005 Gualberto Valderrama C.