COUNTY DE TACNA
Cathedral of the City of Tacna
In front of the Civic Walk. Visits: L-D 7:00-12:30 and 15:00-19:30.
Their construction began in 1875, in charge of the French signature Alejandro Gustavo Eiffel. The design architectural neorrenacentista was captured with extracted stones of the hills Intiorko and Arunta. The work was paralyzed, among other reasons, by Guerra from Pacific (1879) and the Chilean occupation. It was culminated formally in 1954.
It Pounds Ornamental
Located in the Civic Walk.
The sculptural work was in charge of Francés Paul Lienhard, and forged in the English foundry Simpson, he/she has 6 meters high and it is composed of several sources. On a granite base a first sculptural group of classic style that symbolizes the four stations of the year rises and, on the biggest source, of 6 diameter meters, another group that represents four naked caught children of the hand. It was acquired and given to the city of Tacna by don's government José Balta, in the year 1869.
House of Zela
Street Zela 542. Visits: 8:00-18:00
There Francisco lived Antonio of Zela, important precursor of the Peruvian independence. At the moment, it has been mounted in this the Living room Archaeological Museum, in which ceramic pieces, textile, works are exhibited in wood and metal, fishing devices and prehispanic basketwork. The building is considered Historical National Monument from 1961.
Passage Calderón de la Barca s/n, in front of Plazuela Mac Reads.
It was built in 1870 by the Spanish engineer Constantino Martínez of the Pine and inaugurated years later for the president José Antonio of Pezet. The building, of two floors, shines a facade made entirely of cantería stone. In their main room valuable squares can be appreciated that depict illustrious tacneños like the poet Federico Barreto, painting Francisco Laso and the Modest historian Molina. The theater was declared historical and artistic monument from 1972.
It is located in the intersection of the street Gregorio Albarracín and the avenue May 2. Tel: (052) 42-4981. Visits: L-D 8.00-17:30.
Mounted in the rail old station Tacna-Arica, the place is particularly attractive because it is conserved almost intact, with many elements of the second half of the XIX century, time in which was built. The sample provides the traveler an idea of the historical process of the railroad.
Park of the Locomotive
Av. Grau s/n.
It was built to house to the centennial Locomotive Nº3 model 1859, built in Pennsylvania and that it drove to the Peruvian troops to defend the Muzzle of Arica during Guerra with Chile (1879). During the Chilean occupation, the locomotive continued uniting Tacna with Arica. In 1940 he/she stopped to work, but it was repaired and transferred to the park in 1977.
Historical museum of INC
Street Apurímac 202. Tel: (052) 41-1171. Visits: L-V 8:00-15:00.
Located in downtown, to Municipal former Palacio's block, it was created in 1957. In the place the Public Library of Tacna works. In their rooms documents and objects of the times of the emancipation are exposed, independence, republic and of the years of the war with Chile.
Located in the Civic Walk
He/she has 18 meters high. It was lifted in honor to the heroes of Guerra from Pacific, as the Admiral Miguel Grau and the Colonel Francisco Bolognesi. Their construction was made in stone of cantería of rosy color. It was inaugurated August 28 1959 being president don Manuel Grassland.
Located to two blocks of the Civic Walk.
It is one of the converged arteries in the city. Under the Boulevard he/she runs, perfectly channeled, the river Caplina.
He/she Marries Artificial
Street Zela 716. Tel: (052) 41-5225.
In this house it was signed the Records of Delivery from Tacna to Peru, August 28 of 1929. It houses to the Museum of the Reincorporation, Pinacoteca of Tacna and the Historical Departmental Files.
Complex Monumental of the Field of the Alliance
To 8 km aprox. to the north of the city of Tacna (10 minutes in car aprox.). Visits: L-D 8:00-17:00.
Carried out in homage to the combatants of the Battle of the High one of the Alliance (Guerra with Chile, May 26 of 1880). The Museum of Place presents weapons of the time, rifles, sables, elegance uniforms, letters, documents and a scale model of the confrontation. They are located to the northwest of the hill Intiorko, in the place that was the battle field.
Fence Old of Tacna
Extensive countryside located between the 670 and 1 090 msnm. He/she extends throughout 23 km aprox. and he/she understands the districts of Pocollay, Kind and Pachía, at 94, 14, 18 Km of the city of Tacna, respectively. It is characterized by their temperate climate and I dry off. There they are traditional diverse restaurants, perfect for degustar the typical plates of the region.
Thermal Fuentes of Hot - Pachía
To 22,8 km to the east of the city of Tacna (20 minutes in car). Located beside the river Caplina, to 1 400 msnm. They are known by their therapeutic properties for the illnesses neuroartríticas and of the skin. The temperature of these waters oscillates among 36ºC (96,8ºF) 39ºC (102,2ºF). Lodging services and feeding exist in the surroundings.
Complex Archaeological of Miculla
To 22 km to the northeast of the city of Tacna (15 minutes in car).
They are surrounded of an impacting landscape desértico combined with small hills and under it guides her of the hills Wawapas and Miculla to 1 200 msnm approximately. The specialists consider that they were carved from the time of the culture Tiahuanaco (500 d.C.) until the years 1100-1445 d.C. they Cover an extension of 20 km2 approximately and they were carried out with red patina on calcareous rocks or silica.
The scenes include human beings' drawings hunting, dancing or facing; animals as tarucas, pumas, suris, snakes, small lizards, foxes, among other; you plant and local fruits; representations of constellations and images even not defined. In the surroundings one can observe some typical animals of the region like foxes, small lizards, snakes, eagles and some birds, as well as copies of the local flora, molles, jaros, chilcas, chiñes and cactus.
Spa Mouth of the River
At 52 to the Southwest of the city of Tacna (25 minutes in car).
Located in the outlet of the river Sama, their beach is considered of the best in Tacna, to be wide and page with not very deep waters. In the surroundings lodging services, feeding and esparcimiento centers exist.
Beach the Sticks
To 41 km of the city of Tacna (20 minutes in car).
It is an open beach, of low surf and very calm waters. It is endowed with lodging (bungalows) services and of feeding.
Distances from the city of Tacna:
* - Candarave (County of Candarave) 170 km / 6 hours and 30 minutes.
* - Locumba (County of Jorge Basadre) 93 km / 1 hour.
* - Tarata (County of Tarata) 88 km / 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Taken of: http://www.peru.info/s_ftociudades.asp?pdr=675&jrq =3.22.1 & ic=1&ids=1338
Page created web March 30 of the one 2005.
© Copyright 2005 Gualberto Valderrama C.